TMI practices stringent policies that not only help maintain the sanctity and credibility of its internationally renowned examinations, but also ensure that a just, affirmative, healthy, objective, and empathetic approach is pursued for evaluating applicants' fitness for award of its prestigious credentials. Though these policies can be read in detail in the TMI Registrant Handbook, the following are some of the most important policy areas for examinees to make note of.
Examination Reappear Policy
In the event that examinees fail their first (1st) attempt to pass their TMI Certification examination, they shall be required to pay a nominal fee of USD 50 from myTMI account to reappear for the exam. Please note that the examinee can apply to reappear right after his/ her examination result gets published.
Examination Reapply Policy
If an examinee voluntarily cancels the scheduled examination appointment; he/she can immediately reapply from the myTMI dashboard by paying a nominal fee of USD 50.
Examinee Conduct Policy
TMI has a ‘zero–tolerance’ policy for misconduct or adoption of unfair means. During examination, the test manager (proctor) has all rights to dismiss an Examinee from the exam session for any of the following reasons:
- Causing any disturbance during the exam session
- Giving or taking any assistance to or from anybody
- Using digital assistants, notes, books, wristwatch calculators, electronic dictionaries, or other aids/devices
- Using electronic devices, such as mobile phones
- Trying to remove any type of scratch paper during the examination
- Trying to mess with the computer
- Trying to relocate during the examination from alloted computer/system
- Trying to remove questions (in any format) during the examination
- Not obeying the directions given by the test manager (proctor) or remote-proctor
- Sharing the content of the exam with others
Please be informed that TMI is authorized to take legal action against anybody who violates copyright laws such as reproducing and distributing examination content or materials. The data bank of questions, the exam form, and all exam-related materials have copyrights and are the legal property of TMI.
Any communication – be it verbal, written, or electronic – made by an examinee which can be deemed to be against the policies of examination is strictly prohibited. Any such act will invite stringent penal action.
In case of a TMI Disciplinary Action in pre and post exam scenarios
a. Candidacy Reconsideration Form
Examinees seeking to dispute any TMI action or decision against their candidacy, may download and fill up the Exam Candidacy Reconsideration Request Form and send it to email@example.com for initiating process and action.
b. Request for Reconsideration Form
Examinees seeking for reconsideration of their exam result, may download and fill up Request for Reconsideration (Appeal) Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. In case of No Show
Examinees missing a scheduled exam because of emergencies, should directly
contact TMI to report matter.
The following reasons for missing out on, or not showing up for a scheduled TMI Certification examination have been defined as acceptably genuine, and deemed as justified for grant of Retake permissions if requested:
The following reasons for missing out on, or not showing up for a scheduled TMI Certification examination have been defined as acceptably genuine, and deemed as
justified for grant of Retake permissions if requested::
- If examinees themselves or any of their immediate family members (like Spouse, Siblings, Parents, Grandparents, and Children) meet a serious accident, or develop a sudden medical condition demanding serious attention
- If there is a bereavement in the family (like Spouse, Siblings, Parents, Grandparents, and Children)
- If examinees are summoned by courts, or are drafted on juries, or are required for some urgent national duty.
Examinees forced to miss out on their scheduled TMI exam for any of the above-mentioned reasons are required to contact TMI and request for a Retake by submitting doctor’s or hospital certificates etc., as proofs of the emergency encountered.
Please note that the certification fee is non-refundable. However, if the case is not listed under our no show policy, an additional fee of USD 50 will be charged to reapply. The examination can be scheduled after 14 days, from the date of missing the appointment from the myTMI dashboard.