TMI practices stringent policies that not only help maintain the sanctity and credibility of its internationally renowned examinations, but also ensure that a just, affirmative,
healthy, objective, and empathetic approach is pursued for evaluating applicants' fitness for award of its prestigious credentials. Though these policies can be read
in detail in the TMI Registrant Handbook, the following are some of the most important policy areas for examinees to make note of.
Examination Retake Policy
In the event that examinees fail their first (1st) attempt to pass their TMI Certification examination, they shall be required to pay a nominal fee of USD 95 from myTMI to
reappear for the exam. Also, if an Examinee has passed a TMI Certification exam, she/he cannot take it again without a prior consent from TMI.
Examinee Conduct Policy
TMI has a ‘zero-tolerance’ policy for misconduct or adoption of unfair means. During examination, the test center manager has all rights to dismiss an Examinee from
the exam session for any of the following reasons:
- Causing any disturbance during the exam session
- Giving or taking any assistance to or from anybody
- Using digital assistants, notes, books, wristwatch calculators, electronic dictionaries, or other aids/devices
- Using electronic devices, such as mobile phones
- Trying to remove any type of scratch paper from the exam room
- Trying to mess with the computer
- Trying to relocate within the test center from allotted computer/system
- Trying to remove questions (in any format) from the exam room
- Not obeying the directions given by the test center manager
- Sharing the content of the exam with others
Please be informed that TMI is authorized to take legal action against anybody who violates copyright laws such as reproducing and distributing examination content
or materials. The data bank of questions, the exam form, and all exam-related materials have copyrights and are the legal property of TMI.
Any communication – be it verbal, written, or electronic – made by an examinee which can be deemed to be against the policies of examination is strictly prohibited.
Any such act will invite stringent penal action.
a. In case of a TMI Disciplinary Action in pre and post exam scenarios
Candidacy Reconsideration Form
Examinees seeking to dispute any TMI action or decision against their candidacy,
may download and fill up the
Exam Candidacy Reconsideration Request Form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for initiating process and action.
b. In case of No Show
Examinees missing a scheduled exam because of emergencies, should directly
contact TMI to report matter.
The following reasons for missing out on, or not showing up for a scheduled TMI Certification examination have been defined as acceptably genuine, and deemed as
justified for grant of Retake permissions if requested::
- If examinees themselves or any of their immediate family members (like Spouse, Siblings, Parents, Grandparents, and Children) meet a serious accident, or develop a sudden
medical condition demanding serious attention
- If there is a bereavement in the family (like Spouse, Siblings, Parents, Grandparents, and Children)
- If examinees are summoned by courts, or are drafted on juries, or are required for some urgent national duty.
Examinees forced to miss out on their scheduled TMI exam for any of the above-mentioned
reasons are required to contact TMI and request for a Retake by submitting doctor’s or hospital
certificates etc., as proofs of the emergency encountered.
Please note that certification fee is non-refundable. However, in accepted case of emergencies, there will be no additional charge to reappear in the exam.